Housing tutorials, guides, reviews, and more
(date was inserted incorrectly. Sorry, correct day = 7/25/16)
KI has added a lot of new updates in the Test Realm that I have been exploring the past few days! Read the full update notes HERE and then see what I have to say about them :) Enjoy!
Level 50 Elixir Boost
Amazing!! Just like the update said. I decided to use it on my level 20 balance. Perfection! Once I used the potion, I was transported to headmaster's office to receive permission to go to CL and quests went on from there! 2 things I was nervous about the potion went well! One, you can still do all the old side quests from the other worlds, it skips only the main. Two, was gear. Do you have to buy level 50 gear? Certainly, level 20 (or whatever level) gear will not work for CL, which is when the worlds start getting a lot more challenging. Nope! You are given a gear set, which actually is decent. Not the right look, so I bought an outfit from the Crown Shop and stitched it. You have those Test Realm crowns, why not use them and get the most joy out of it?! :D
Celestia and Zafaria Quest Changes
I have been wanting this since I entered the areas!! Already finished them now though lol
New 110 Astral Spells
Eh... the only one I'm looking forward to is Epic :D :D I would personally not waste your training pts on the others unless you could find a way to use them. :P View a full guide on Duelist101 here
1. Shows your friends’ full names instead of abbreviations - Not really needed for me. Rarely ever I have 2 friends with the same first name and same starting letter of their last name online at the same time. It's pretty uncommon. I am happy you can hide this, though.
2. Displays the full body of your selected friends - Great! Easy to see, don't have to open up the character. Helpful!
3. Displays the school and level of all friends - Like before, don't have to open up their character page. Very nice :)
4. Has new sorting options - It's very easy to manage. No more searching your list!
5. Has more information on why you can or can’t click on buttons - Very good for new players. I remember being confused about the buttons a long time ago lol
6. Displays friendship date (the day the players became friends) - Awesome! Now I can celebrate friendship anniversaries! lol
7. Displays how long it’s been since your friend was online last: Recent (within 7 days), Active (3 months), and Dormant (longer than 3 months) - Great but it could use another state that says longer than 6 or 9 months so you really know that friend has stopped playing.
8. Displays a count of how many friends you have and how many more you can have - It's nice to know when you're almost full so you can delete friends that are playing ahead of time then to saying to someone add me and have to sit there and scroll down trying to find someone lol
9. Make chat larger - Too large for me, will not be using this one. :P
10. Be alerted when your friends come on - If you have a lot of friends this would be annoying, but you can turn it off. I may turn this off at certain times, but it is useful if you're expecting a friend to be on! :)
Charms Battle List
I love it! I (and many others) have requested for this and it's great! It is a bit hard to find the button however as for it is small. This option has been needed for a long time so I'm happy that KI added it!
This is a great forum about the battle list I found on the message boards:
(To access the test realm forums, you'll need an account, which requires active membership)
3 New Spell Drops from Loremaster!
Loremaster farming craze is up again with 3 new spells! I really want the myth one lol View the spells here on Duelist! Very great back and forth points in this post. Fire and myth are supposed to be very helpful while the storm was pointed useless in 1v1 PVP. A great read on D101, one of my favorites in a while :)
Those are the main updates! :) Hope you enjoyed, I am glad we had another Ultra Summer! :P :D Cya next time!
~ Ali <3