Housing tutorials, guides, reviews, and more
7/11/2016 0 Comments
Farming for a hairstyle? Seems pretty bizarre, right? There are many hairstyles you can farm for, but one I find particularly easy is The Kestrel. All you have to farm is Rank 2 boss King Amadeo from Crab Alley! Here's an easy guide to do so with deck set-up, tips, and a estimated drop rate :)
The Kestrel, 350 crowns from the Crown Shop
Very similar to Rattlebones, Amadeo is a super easy boss to farm for having 385 health and low-level spells. He doesn't even have a mob! :D I recommend farming this boss if your level 20 or up solo. (You have to be at least level 12 to enter anyway.) If you are below, I'd suggest possibly going with a friend. If you're lower you will also have to collect health every time before re-entering.
You can find the king's palace in the back of Crab Alley (map shown below). Easy to get to but yes, sadly you need membership to enter the Alley i: The pricing however to get Crab Alley, Deep Warrens, and Wailing Caverns is 750 crowns, so for nonmembers that is an option :)
I do this deck with all Wizard City farming bosses, and its a fairly simple strategy that works every time :)
1. Buy a cheap deck (I use the level 15 school ones) and call it "Wizard City Deck" with the icon in the top left corner of the deck page.
2. Add in 5 pip or less spells in max copies (I use cyclops, 3 pips) and max copies of enchants. If you don't have enchants (gargantuan, etc.) as a learned spell, you can go learn it from Celestia, buy it in tc, or put in blades. I favor enchants and they are something every wizard should have. They are no pip, don't take a round, and make a difference :D Check out The Untold Spiral's post on What Astral Spells To Train and Not To Train for advice :)
Nothing has a real drop rate, but usually when I farm I get it within 50-70 tries. It takes about an hour if you're very quick, however it may take around 90 minutes.
1. Is the hair dye-able? No, unfortunately the hairstyle is not dye-able in farming. What you get is what you get. Usually, the hair will match at least one character. Or you can buy a party outfit that matches it. The hair may not match the char you were farming for it with, but it should match at least 1/6. The hairstyles come in all variety of colors. I have black kestrel and dark pink and they both matched a char. I also have a light pink in owl and a brown in cha-cha that were also farmed for and fit a char :)
Have fun farming this week :) You might find me in Crab Alley lol Hope you guys enjoyed another fun and exciting post! Look forward to more soon! :)
~ Ali <3
6/29/2016 0 Comments
The Lost Pages Event is great for farming, especially low level wizards. In this guide post, I will be giving tips to farming Kestrel Blackstorm and the Spellwrit Screamers for low level wizards :) Enjoy!
Click here for the quest line!
1. Level: Your level matters what drops you get. If you are a max farming Kestrel Blackstorm, it's way too easy so the drops are set to where you won't get much. I recommend levels 29 and below farming the screamers and Kestrel.
2. Go in with a team! Teams are always a lot of help. Go in with 2 or 3 friends and you should be perfectly fine :) If you are level 20-29, you could probably
solo, but I'd bring in a buddy in case. Anyways, with another wizard it goes faster! :)
Very easy to farm and found roaming the streets in Triton Avenue, they drop the Spellwrit Screamer pets along with furniture and pet snacks that would be handy to a low level :)
Click here for the drop list.
The first fight to get to this boss is made up of the simple spellwrit screamers. After that, you're already at Kestrel. She will be accompanied by a rotting fodder.
Read her wiki page with drops, health, and spells used here
Farm for the amazing bone dragon mount!!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed! I found lots of sources for this event :D Hurry and farm, it will end June 30th!
~ Ali <3
Lookout for a summer house glitch coming soon!
There's some things I've found handy about fishing over the past few years that I'd like to share with all of you! Fishing is a common hobby for wizards, so let's take a look at some easier ways to reel some in!
1. ALWAYS put the lure in front of them
One of the most important, useful, and beneficial advice you could ever get about fishing: ALWAYS put the lure in front of them. You want to make sure they get it, not another fish!
Not like this...
But right ahead of them.
Sometimes the fish will move fast and swim right past your lure by the time it lands in the water. Make sure it is a few inches in front so when they move forward, they'll see it and grab it.
Then, all you have to do is keep a close watch and hand next to the keyboard. Once it goes under and makes that bloop sound, mash the space bar and you got yourself a fish!
It's very easy when you get a hang of it. You can catch all types of fish!! :D
2. Use the Reveal Fish School Spell Before and After Every Catch
This helps so much! Using the Reveal Fish School spell before and after every catch is surely something all of us need to know! It is a simple spell trained from Lucky Hookline in the Commons. You can find out what fish are what school, and if there is a specific fish you want, you can limit yourself by what school it is and have a better chance of getting it. And, you also want to cast it afterwards. Don't take for granted that a certain fish is in the same spot. They move around a lot! So, you can find it again by using the spell, and go on from there :)
3. Fishing Guides
You can find fishing guides just about everywhere for Wizard101, but here are the ones I feel have helped me the most.
Zafaria Fishing Guide
Standard Fishing Guide - my personal favorite! On this one, you can find the school, location, rank, and much more about each fish. Also, it has links to plenty of other fishing guides such as house fishing, sentinel, and epic fish hunting! Everyone must check it out :D :D :D
So, that's all for today. I hope wizards from all across the Spiral is enjoying their summer. Maybe you'll see me out fishing today :D
~ Ali <3